Welcome to the official website of the Gwersyllt Community Council which we hope will be a valuable source of information about the authority and the community it serves.
As work on the site progresses, all agendas and minutes of the Council, together with other associated documents about the workings, procedures and business of the Council, will be available.
- Charter for Trees, Woods and People
- Consumer Council for Water - Annual Report
- NW ARMA Report and Terms of Reference
- Flintshire Local Voluntary Council Well Being Network
- North East Wales Well Being Network
- Community Inclusion Grant
- Health & Well-Being eBulletin
- Parent Support - Gwersyllt Resource Centre
- Playday 2017 Theme Announced!
- Night Out
- Carers Information and Support Programme for people caring for a person with a diagnosis of dementia
- Natural Resources Wales - Incidents We Do Incidents We Don't
- Pilates Classes for People with Multiple Sclerosis
- Gwersyllt Playwork Project - Holiday Play Schemes
- Ten Top Security Tips'
- Volunteer Befrienders
Carer Information and Support Programme
Carer Information and Support Programme provides evidence based carer information in a group environment where carers are able to share their experiences and find out about local and national services that may be of help. CrISP is delivered by trained local staff.
CrISP aims to improve the knowledge, skills and understanding of people caring for a person with dementia, by providing effective support and up-to-date and relevant information. Each programme is delivered to small groups of up to 12 people.
The programme consists of two separate parts: CrISP 1 and CrISP 2:
CrISP 1 has been designed specifically for carers, family members and friends of people with a recent diagnosis of a dementia. It consists of four essential sessions, each lasting 2.5 hours, covering the following topics:
- Understanding dementia
- Providing support and care
- Legal and money matters
- Coping day-to-day
CrISP 2 has been designed specifically for carers, family members and friends of people who have been living with dementia for some time. It consists of three essential sessions, each lasting 2.5 hours, covering the following topics
- Understanding how dementia progresses
- Living with change as dementia progresses
- Living well as dementia progresses, including occupation and activities.
If you know of anyone who would be interested in attending any of the sessions in the attached document please do not hesitate to get in touch. Places are limited so booking is essential.
New Alzheimer's Society Premises
Please be informed that we are moving to new premises. From the 9th of January we will be based at Unit 2, Mold Business Park, Wrexham Road, Mold, Flintshire CH7 1XP. The main contact number for our new office will be 01352 700462
Gwersyllt Safer Neighbourhood Team
Come and join the Gwersyllt Safer Neighbourhood Team for a cuppa and an informal chat at the Gwersyllt Community Resource Centre, Second Avenue, Gwersyllt on the first Monday of the month from 11.30a.m. - 12.30 p.m.
You can discuss any concerns you may have, ask advice about issues that matter most to you or learn more about the work of your local policing team.
All are welcome
Help for the Over 50s in Gwersyllt
Community Agents are an innovative response to a recognised need that many people living in our communities are unable to connect with key services that help and maintain well-being and support their quality of life.
Community Agents work with the over 50s in Wrexham, providing easy access to a wide range of information that will enable them to make informed choices about their present and future needs. The aim is to help older people feel more independent, secure, and cared for, and to have a better quality of life. Community Agents will support people living in areas of Wrexham, bridging the gap between the local community and the statutory or voluntary organisations, and offering help or support.
They can help with the following:
- visiting the over 50s at home providing face to face information and support
- primarily supporting older people, but also anyone who may benefit
- helping individuals to make informed choices
- offering a facilitated signposting service and putting people in direct contact with the appropriate agency
Gwersyllt Community Council has appointed a Community Agent, Justine Godfrey, and she will be operating throughout the community for the benefit of older residents.
Her contact details are as follows:
Mobile: 07756 387 021
Office No. 01978 754776
If you would like to contact the Community Agent for help and advice or if you know of someone (e.g. a friend or neighbour) who may want to know more about this new service please do get in touch.